Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 104

Thread: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

  1. #71
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is what this thread was originally meant to be, a Thank you Lord for allowing us to live in this great country.</div></div>

    Yes.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  2. #72
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    Thank you for the right to have this ...thread-
    " must have been misinformed. I thought we were attacked my terrorists. I'll have to research that.

    The war in Iraq has not been handled the way it could have or should have been. I don't have enough facts to be able to say if we should have gone there or not. I would be very surprised if anybody here has enough facts to make that call.

    But what I do know is that once troops are committed, there should be an all out effort to win. No need for a US Soldier to ever be in harms way in a half-ass military effort"
    There is the question and answer about Bush, if anybody ever had any about Bush at all.

  3. #73
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    There hasn't been an all out effort by the U.S. to win a war since WW II. And before we place the blame fully on Bush, let's not forget the dems who voted for it - including those running for president.

  4. #74
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    "There hasn't been an all out effort by the U.S. to win a war since WW II."
    And if there isn't , the troops shouldn't have to pay for it.

  5. #75
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    Agreed. Fight to win or don't fight at all.

  6. #76
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    I didn't like the thing from the start- HOWEVER, I thought the "Shock and Awe" stage was pretty well done. Had Bush said " Screw up again , and we'll be back" and quit at that stage, I'd have gained alot of respect for him.

  7. #77
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    I wish Bush No.1 had left Stormin' Norman alone the first time around. The second time would never have happened and we would not be having this discussion.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  8. #78
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    If wishes were beggars horses would ride- straight from Hillary. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] Either way- you can't fault the troops. Just point at'em. One of the guys at work , son just came back from Iraq. 7 weeks of door kicking. To me , Iraq , itself just isn't worth the country boys. Yeah, I know I don't know it all about the terror networks, but I still think I smell oil. But what won't a Doggie do?

  9. #79
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    The first Bush gave stormin Norman all the authority to negotiate the surrender of Iraq in Desert Storm. He was the one who screwed up the surrender. I was there when it happened.

  10. #80
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN!!!!

    It is all about oil now, Desert Storm was about oil, mainly Saddam's ability to control the largest oil port in the world. With Kuwait in hand, he would have controlled most all the oil that was exported from the Gulf region. Now with Iraqi Freedom, oil is a big part of it, but also just as big was Saddam's threat to lil' Bush's dad on trying to have him assassinated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •